Thursday, March 29, 2012

Get Well Paper Bag Card/Book

I started to make a friend a "Get Well" card, knowing she loved tea.  Then I thought it might be fun to incorporate some tea bags into a little book of sorts - which I've seen done before (very cute!)... and ended up doing it all in a pre-made paper bag album.  I had made these paper bag albums forever ago, used to sell them on ebay when they were the latest and greatest. 



Here's what the front ended up looking like...

I used my cricut for the "get well" from the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge

The cool part about paper bag albums is that if you make them correctly you have cool pockets (openings of the bag) to tuck things into.  In this case, I had some giant tags to which I added little pockets for the tea bags. 


I guess I didn't take a picture to show where the tags come out of.  To the left, you can see the edge of the tag peaking out of the opening... the tags are tucked right into the bag opening. 
I inked the edges of the printed sentences to add some interest





After I inked the edges I went over parts of it with some dark purple chalk




I also used some brads in addition to the adhesive keeping the pocket on



 I had a lot of different pages in this book but I'm just going to include the pages with the "tea quotes" and the teabag tags. 








No comments:

Post a Comment